Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Double Dog Dare

Beach: Klode
Water Temp: 55
Waves: One Foot Rollers
Crew:  Cap'n, Patriarch, Brian
Water Clarity:  Clear 
Next Swim: Thursday 6AM Klode

The Capt'n and me headed down to the beach on this cool and cloudy afternoon, we measured the water temp at 55, and decided to be sensible for a change and try again tomorrow.

But as we started heading up off the beach, we met Brian coming down who said, "You guys aren't wimping out, are you?".  Capt'n's eyes narrowed.  My whiskers started twitching.  Scrawny ignorant punk didn't know who he was talking to.  But Brian didn't stop there.  "If you guys don't swim with me I'm going straight to the pool and telling all the masters that you guys are wimps, posers, and fakes."

That was too much!  In no time we were "walking the plank" into the frigid water.  It was hard to keep my face in the water for the first minute, and by the second minute my hands were numb.  And the rollers added a little spice of nausea to the mix.  But after a few minutes we actually started to warm up (or maybe our brains went numb too).  We managed half a mile before staggering out.

Happy Birthday Robin!  Come and join us!  It will be warmer soon, I promise.


No comments: