Location: Bradford Beach
Meeting Time: 11:40am
Meeting Location: east side of Bradford Beach House
Swim Time: Noon
The Goal: Complete a 25m Lake Michigan polar skin swim at noon on New Years Day
- Mark off 25m along the shore with bright orange cones.
- The mass of people on the beach typically congregate south of the Bradford Beach house so we should find ample space just north of the beach house to mark off our 25m course.
- We will setup a base camp for our towels and gear at the south end of the 25m course.
- When the cannon goes off at noon we will plunge into the water at the north end of our 25m swim lane and swim south towards base camp.
- Rumor has it that there may be warm water for soaking cold feet and perhaps a little Killepitsch available to warm up your insides! :)
Parking: Parking can be a nightmare. If you're not adverse to walking I have found it easiest to park at the Lake Park Bistro parking lot and to hike down to the beach. (...there are trails that provide a short cut to the beach.) Travel distance is approximately 1/2-3/4 mile. I plan to arrive at the Bistro Parking lot 11:20am.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the beach!