Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Why we do this

Next Swims: Wednesday 5pm, Thursday & Friday, 6am and 5pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am and noon

Last Swim: Wednesday 6am
Air  Temp: 75
Water Temp: 67.5
Waves: Flat, but on the return there was a very gentle swell coming from the southeast.
Clarity: kinda murky near the rocks, clearer out in the bay

Kru: Ala, Karolina, Patriarch, North Shore (Wonder Woman) Nancy, Handyman Hank, Mr Bubble, Showgirl, Forger, Pool Noodle, Magic Mike, and there was a crowd from TriFaster(?): Amy, Cindy, Terri, and Rachel.  Please forgive me if I missed someone.

This morning was a swim-for-the-point kind of morning. Get out there, the water refreshes, the surface is flat, and it seems as if Fox Point is calling you, enticing you to forget your daily commitments and swim for it. But hey, people gotta work. I mean if I have a Zoom call at 9:00, other people must really be busy! So Mudslide filled in for Fox Point as the destination for many of us. It looks like they built a staircase out onto the mudslide. Has that always been there? It's been a while since I've been out that way. 

As I was stepping out of the water after my swim, Patriarch, who had swum in with me, said "Hey, look." and nodded out into the cove. In swam six or eight swimmers with brightly colored swim caps and bobbing barbies backlit by the sun emerging from behind the clouds. Each had her own stroke, each her own trajectory in to shore. It almost looked choreographed. 

It ain't just for fitness we do this. 


2 comments:

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

I did a 9 am swim and also observed the new staircase at Mudslide.

Mr. Bubble said...

Good job getting all the names.