Friday, July 31, 2020

Mr. Fabulous

Next Swims:
     Mon-Fri 6AM and 5PM
     Saturday/Sunday 8AM and Noon

Last Swim:  Friday 5PM
Water Temp: 70+
Air Temp:  75ish
Clarity:   Some, away from the rocks
Waves:  Still pretty wavy

Kru: Linda The Lamprey, Brik, Itch, Captain, Mr. Anonymous, Mike (Shrek)

Morning swims are terrific, but I was overdue for a shot of Killepitsch so I headed to Klode for a double dip, my 2nd swim of the day. It was just as much a washing machine as this morning.  I was first out of the water and while I waited for the others, a Mystery man in a yellow swim cap waded in and swam out to the North.  Linda came back, then Mr. Anonymous, then Captain, Brik and Itch all at the same time.  Brik had encountered the Mystery Man, and noted he had a yellow cap just like Itch's.  In fact, this individual claimed his name was Itch.  "And, he asked if Gabe was around." 

Oh no, there couldn't be two Itches, we protested.  

"Oh yes there could!" Brik insisted. He was fixated on the idea that there was another group of swimmers on the other side of the Lake, where every person has a Bizarro-world alter ego. 

"And they have El Capitaine, and Scratch--"

" 'Butterfly'" I pointed to myself.  "

"And Mr. Fabulous!"  Brik concluded.  Mr. A grimaced.

At this point the Mystery Man in Yellow Cap got out of the water and came over to our group.  His name was Mike, he said, but he would go by 'Shrek.'

According to Wikipedia, Bizarro World was a 1960s comic concept, a cube-shaped, fictional planet also known as Htrae (Earth spelled backwards), home to Bizarro and companions.  Not to draw any inferences here, but I am looking forward to my next swim in Nagihcim   And my next shot of Hcstip.




1 comment:

Mr. Bubble said...

Another intersection with the parallel universe! It’s amazing how frequently this happens of Klode. Some academic should do a study on this. Could you write the grant for the research study, Dragonfly?