Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Zen, of the Early Morning Swim

I don't really have a blog to post, or particularly feel like writing one, but I thought of the above headline, and I liked it, so I thought I would at least post the headline. Bother, now I have to write a post. 

Next Swims:  
     Mon-Fri @ 6 am and 5 pm
     Saturday/Sunday @ 8 am and Noon  
     (8 am weekends is a thing now)
Last Swim:  Tuesday @ 6 am
Water Temp:  71.1
Air Temp:  68?  
Clarity:   6 0f 10, settling
Winds:  Light
Waves: pretty flat, maybe a bit of rollers from the South
Kru:  Sorry, I really wasn't keeping track of who was there this morning.  Early shift: Diablo and the Patriarch.  Regular time:  Magic Mike, Mr. Anonymous, Thanos the Mad Titan, Forger, Dragonfly, Northshore Nancy, Kahuna and others (Julie maybe? Lydia TTL?).  Thanos and Kahuna saw Mr. Bubble biking the wrong direction at 5:45, said he was going to meet friends at Atwater to introduce them to the joys of Open Water Swimming. 

A delightfully mild and pleasant morning down at the beach.  Warm water.  Three high school boys who came down to watch the sunrise and jump off the rocks. 

Thanos the Mad Titan set a new distance record for him, swimming all the way to Love Shack and back.  Magic Mike may have swam to Chicago for deep dish pizza and swam back, for all I know. 

For anyone wondering, that was Squeezakahuna's lovely bare dorsal side and pigtails shown briefly during the CBS 58 News Klode piece on Sunday.  Like Garbo and Melania, she declined to be interviewed. 

When we arrived this morning, strewn on the beach were four foam pool noodles, and lots of beach toys, but no children.  (Perhaps TurtleMan emerged from the Lake and snatched them away to munch on them, leaving all their toys behind; I don't know.) 

3 comments:

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Julie Pool Noodle was definitely there along with Wendy, Shorewood Masters swimmer. The two of them and Magic Mike disappeared to southern points, unknown, perhaps Big Bay, perhaps Chicago. While the southerly current was not too extreme, I had an uncanny sense of swimming uphill in that direction. My Garmin watch implies otherwise, suggesting that I swam uphill on the way back...

Magic Mike said...

Right you are, Dragonfly. Megan was also with us. She and Wendy turned back sooner. Pool Noodle and I swam to Chicago. The pizza was awesome--deep dish!

Mr. Bubble said...

BUZZ - NO VALUE JUDGMENTS!!
None of the points on the compass are right or wrong
Mr. Bubble was riding in the opposite direction