Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Promotional Materials

Next Swims: M-F 6am and 6pm

Last Swim: Tues 6am
Water: 53F (?) flat like glass
Clarity: clear like glass
Crew: Mike, Showgirl
Skin/Suit: 0/2
Shore Support: Deanna, Laura

The lovely photo today was taken Sunday, courtesy of Drangonfly. If you need any more convincing about whether to come to the beach and swim, that photo should do it.

This morning I pulled into the parking lot and Mike was just heading down the ramp.  When we arrived at the beach, Deanna had already already taken the temperature and decided it was a no-go.

Still on the beach was Laura.  She witnessed the Atwater Beach shipwreck swim a few weeks ago, and (have I mentioned swimming will change your life?) was so impressed and amazed that she vowed to start swimming with us. Today was a wee bit cold for her, but we will reel her in eventually. Also today is her birthday.  Happy Birthday Laura.

Mike and I suited up and started swimming.  My goal was to see the new staircase north of mudslide. Mission accomplished.

2017-06-25 Sunday afternoon

1 comment:

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Wednesday 6 p.m. - Water 56.5
Kru: Molly, Anna, Drangonfly, Itch-bit
Suit/Skin: 2/2
Wind SE, chop. That up & down feeling that made me glad I was on an empty stomach.
We ventured south to the picnic table and beyond, moving in and out of the deep shadows and bright sunlight through the trees.
Now in my second year, I have seen a number of live fish. The dead ones were initially easier to spot as they are a bright silver. The live ones I've seen are a slightly deeper tone than the sand, move in small schools, and tend to be "fingerling" size...until last night.
First a shadow on the bottom caught my eye. The fish and I seemed to identify each other at the same moment and he quickly shot away. But not before I thought, "Big as my arm!" While I almost immediately dismissed this as a cliche, I noted my arms churning through the water that suddenly looked small and puny and thought, "Well, maybe!" By this process of deduction I have determined that the fish was probably two feet in length and quite thick as well. Any species suggestions? (about the fish)
We capped off the swim with Pitsch heroically provided by Itch. Thank you!