Friday, June 23, 2017

In the immortal words of Christina Aguilera: "...Cause it makes us that much stronger..."

Late Update:  We are going to swim at 5:30 instead of 6:00PM tonight (Friday 6-23).
As of 2PM the Atwater Buoy is saying 60!

Next Swims:  Friday 6PM
Saturday and Sunday, 1pm

Last Swim: Friday 6am
Water: 54? cloudy-ish with small waves
Crew: Diablo?, Showgirl
Skin/Suit 2/0
Shore Support: lots of seagulls

Further quotes on toughness:
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
--Mahatma Gandhi

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. "
--Winston Churchill

Yes, we are tougher than we used to be, that's for sure.

It was touch and go whether I would get up for the swim, and even after I arrived at the beach, it was iffy.  But then I remembered the powerful words of Super Hera, "If I came to the beach, I'm going to swim." And so I did, thru clouds of mysterious fog lurking near shore.

Feel free to remind me of these remarks on some super-wavy day. Further disclaimer: rafts of dead fish are a non-starter for me.



Whitefish Bay is starting to dress up the park for the 4th, so start thinking about a law-breaking swim over at Big Bay.


Yep, it was foggy.

No comments: