Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Things We Do for Love

Next Swims:  Mon-Fri, 6 am and 4 pm
Last SwimTuesday 4pm
Water Temp: 51 per itch-o-meter at the beach, easily 46-48 further out
Air Temp 94 with clear skies and not much wind
ClarityCRYSTAL, 10/10.  Clearest I've seen it this year.
Waves:  perfectly flat and calm
KruItch, Brick, Mr. Bubble, Diablo,  Janica
Off Shore Support:  Ice Dawg the Sailor Man


What's the best thing to do on a 90 degree day?  
Alas, I arrived when Itch was long gone and hence didn't have the official reading.  Foot-o-meter told me "it's not that bad", and yes, the conditions were fantastic - beautiful, calm clear water, clear skies.  Who needs those neoprene gloves on a beautiful day like today?  

Kept thinking during the swim - this is painful!  
Am I getting hypothermia?  Should I turn around?  
Will Ice Dawg come rescue me on the paddleboard if I can't make it?  
Ah, but then the water got warmer for a while - this is really nice!  
Until it was time to head back 🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊
Much warmer by the beach though - like getting out of a hot tub

Welcome back for your first swim of the year, Janica (sp?).  Glad you were wise enough to bring your gloves and actually wear them!

1 comment:

Janneke Bannink said...

Thanks, I had a blast! Also subsequently had swollen wrists and ankles from the cold, so I might be waiting for warmer temperatures. No worries on the spelling, I’ve seen much worse ;)