Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Blue Skies and Clear Waters

Next Swims:  Mon-Fri, 6 am and 4 pm
Last SwimWednesday 4 pm
Water Temp:  54 per itch-o-meter, 53.8 per mitch-o-meter
Air Temp:   75 on the beach, per mitch-o-meter
Clarity: crystal clear again
Waves:  very light swells, 2" - 3", occasional boat wake
Kru: Mr. Bubble, Magic Mike, Itch, Brick, Mr. Anonymous, Kahuna

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood!  Carbon copy from yesterday, but much warmer water.  

Magic Mike had been monitoring the buoy readings during the day and decided against going swimming this am, but based on the buoy reading, he felt pretty confident that it would be warmer this afternoon.  That's a trend I've seen too - the temperatures at the Atwater buoy often don't match the temperatures we take at Klode, but if the buoy temp has gone up or down 10 degrees since the day before, it's a pretty safe bet that Klode will have gone up or down by a similar amount.  

Magic Mike also disclosed that he is not so eager to go for a swim after a big rainfall, so that was another reason to avoid this am.  Actually, I was surprised to see that the water was so clean and clear after the short but intense storm last night.  

After interrogating Itch, Cap'n and Ice Dawg about where they bought their thermometers and how much they cost, I finally decided to get my own.  Say hello to the mitch-o-meter, who'll be serving alongside the itch-o-meter and macho meter, as well as the duck-o-meter and showgirl-o-meter.  

mitch-o-meter
I actually brought the mitch-o-meter with me yesterday and couldn't believe it when it said the temp was in the upper 40s.  "That can't be right!  I'm returning this thing tomorrow".  Reminded me of the times I thought my compass was broken because it said I was going North when I was positive I was going South.  

Today's Killepitsch Toast
To Blue Skies and Clear Water!
Best Swim of the Season!

No comments: