Saturday, June 13, 2020

Patriarchal Blessing

Next Swims:  Sun @ Noon, Mon-Fri @ 5 pm
Last Swim:  Saturday Noon
Water Temp:  54 per Itch-o-meter
Air Temp:  57 with 10 - 15 mph winds
Clarity:   Brown with lotsa flotsam near shore.  Couldn't see your hands underwater
Waves: 2-3 footers
Kru:  Linda the Lamprey, Mr. Bubble, Itch, Mr. Anonymous, Magic Mike, Dragonfly, Kahuna, Lydia, Fred, Capt'n, Ziggy, Diablo, We'Taco
Special Guest Stars:  Kahuna's Pal, Tom and Lydia's buddy Dave
Shore Support:  Patriarch


Oh yeah, sun's out, buns out.  If it's a sunny weekend day, there's sure to be a Klode Kru gathering at the beach. Welcome back We'Taco for her first swim of the season, and welcome back Dave (the other Dave) for his second Klode swim and Kahuna's pal Tom for his first Klode swim ever.  Also welcome back occasional guest start Fred and WARMEST WELCOME again to the Partiarch, who came to give us his Patriarchal Blessing
All Hail The Patriarch!
According to Wikipedia:
A patriarch's primary responsibility is to give patriarchal blessings to members in his stake. He also has the authority to give such blessings to all of his descendants, regardless of what stake they live in.

But then, what is a stake in this context?  According to Wikipedia:  
The name "stake" derives from the Book of Isaiah: "enlarge the place of thy tent; stretch forth the curtains of thine habitation; spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes" (Isaiah 54:2).

So, the Patriarch was being responsible today and gave us his Patriarchal Blessing.  Today was Founders Day, too, because both The Patriarch and the Capt'n were in attendance.  Others in attendance today were working on "enlarging the place of thy tent", inviting special guest stars to come join the fun.

Speaking of fun, it's always lots of fun to watch multiple swimmers bobbing out by the rocks in the waves..they're stretching forth the curtains of thine habitation

Now, as you may have read here before, I've been fostering Fred's Roka shorts since last year.  Over and over again, I hear them singing their sad song, Give Me Back My Man!  I try to explain to them I'll give you fish, I'll give you candy, I'll give you everything I have in my hand, but I can't give you back your man, I didn't take him away in the first place.  I think they're finally getting the message because now they're changing their tune.  They're not giving me tearful desperate pleas any more...now they're making angry demands;
Where is My Man?
I don't wanna be alone - where is my man?
Tell him to find me
Send his car to this address
I have to stress I need him now.
I don't wanna be alone - where is my man?
The kind of man that I adore's
The kind of man that gives me more
Of all the better things in life that aren't free.
Such things as summer by the sea
The Hamptons, Malibu, Capri.
The kind of man
Who comes alive
When he comes near Rodeo Drive
Is the kind of man
Who winds my heart
With style and class.
You know I've tried
Some other men
The kind with zeros
Less than ten
But everytime I grab
The ring it's always brass.
I don't wanna be alone -
Where is my baby? . . .
I don't wanna be alone -
Where is my baby? . . .



2 comments:

Showgirl said...

In a normal year, today would have been the Kru's annual attendance at the Shorewood Men's Club chicken barbecue, preceded by a shipwreck swim. Given how cold and wavy it was today, perhaps this was a tiny silver lining to our current "situation." I'm sure we will get in a shipwreck swim later this summer, and I have all faith that 365 days from now we'll have savored an amazing meal and plenty of beer.

Mr. Bubble said...

Indeed. I've been thinking we should plan a first day of summer swim next Saturday - maybe that would be a good time to do a Shipwreck Swim, or a Big Bay to Klode swim