Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Essence of Summer

Next Swims:  
       Mon-Fri 6 am and 5 pm, 
       Sat, Sun:   Noon

Last Swim:  Wednesday 6am
Water Temp:  57
Air Temp:  what am I, the weather man?
Clarity:   None
Waves: None
Kru:  Diablo early, followed by Magic Mike and Showgirl
Shore Support: a gaggle of teenagers and chatty Runner-guy

I crossed paths with Diablo as he left the park, went on to defy authority by moving the barricades.

At first I thought I would be doing a solo swim, but Magic Mike arrived.

As we suited up, a runner came down to the shoreline and with each step, he pushed some sand into the water, leaving a series of evenly spaced marks along the beach.  When he reached us he astutely commented  that we would be swimming, and then resumed his run.  

We swam north.  I turned around at the rock wall, which is really mostly concrete, and Mike went further and faster.  I did another post-swim skin swim. 

It was another amazing morning at the beach.

p.s. The parking lot remains full of glass.


2 comments:

Synchro said...

Super Hera, great to see you last eve! Thanks for coming over to say Hi. I am up for a 10am swim this Friday. Let me know.

Mr. Bubble said...

Someone must be cleaning up that glass. Wasn't there tonight and don't think it was there last night.