Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Showgirl Swim-a-versary

Next Swims:  
       Mon-Fri:  6 am and 5 pm
       Sat, Sun Noon

Last Swim: Wednesday 6am
Water Temp:  54 (or lower if Kahuna hadn't been in such a hurry)
Air Temp:  70?  
Clarity:  not much
Waves: slow small swells, but nothing you noticed while swimming
Kru:  Kahuna, Tom, Peter, Sam, Magic Mike, Pool Noodle,  Showgirl, Linda the        Lamprey, and I assume Diablo


The real reason we swim.

We had a pretty big crew for a 6am swim.  Everyone pulled on their wetsuits, except Linda, who blazed in last, and was in the water longer than all of us. 

I think many went to the mudslides. I was low on enthusiasm and just went to the south end of the rock wall.  

For our entertainment today, there were three SUPers silhouetted on the water.

Welcome to Sam and Peter, who I first thought were spawn-o-Kahuna, but turned out to be friends of the spawn.

Yep, so on this day in 2010 I swam with the Klode Kru for the first time.  I had no idea how much that would change my life. Robin Treder reeled me in to the group-- just another reason that I will be forever grateful for knowing her.

1 comment:

Kahuna said...

That's an outstanding sentence:

Welcome to Sam and Peter, who I first thought were spawn-o-Kahuna, but turned out to be friends of the spawn.