Monday, September 12, 2011

Big Shoulders Report

Next Swim: Monday 6PM

Last Swim: Big Shoulders, Ohio Street Beach Chicago
Water Temp: 64-65
Waves: Calm
Water Clarity: Cloudy
Crew: Diablo, James, Megan, Melanie, Patriarch, and 748 others

Congratulations to Megan (1:01, first woman! and fourth overall!) and James (1:05 first in age group and 22nd overall).

It was a near perfect day for the iconic Big Shoulders swim. The water was a bit but a warm sun quickly took care of the post race chill. It's quite a sight to see all those swimmers in the water right next to huge skyscrapers.

This morning I went out for a run, and as I sometimes do, I ended at Big Bay so I could cool down in the water. I walked down the path to the water where a lady was playing with her two dogs, when suddenly one dog runs up and bites my foot. Hard! Luckily my shoe protected me enough that the skin didn't break. Anyhow,the water is still pretty warm (high sixties?), so it should be a good swim at 6PM.

7 comments:

Ben said...

Congrats all BS and IM racers!

This morning's crew was Speed, Kahuna, Diablo and myself. Clearest, flattest water I have swam in this summer. Temp was around 65.

Diablo said...

Is the dog OK?

Diablo said...

This morning was amazing. As Kahuna said: "Can't beat conditions like these...Argh!!!! Also in the water this morning was Steve.

Ben said...

I forgot Steve! Argh! Sorry Steve...

Patriarch said...

Diablo, why are you calling Cap'n a dog?

Moondaug said...

Patriarch,why are you saying Cap'n has a foot fetish?

Diablo said...

Well... the cap's is a Sea Dog... but, why did he bite your foot?? TMI