Thursday, August 28, 2008

Triple Dip

Today was one of our most fun days yet - a triple dip day.  The morning swim is described by the Cap'n in the previous post.  And then I finally convinced him to join me in a dash-n-splash to Bradford Beach at lunch.  And for the cherry on top we did another mile swim at Klode after work in clear, calm, warm water.  

We're going on 55 straight days in the lake, with double dips on many days, and without wetsuits the last 31 days.  And we still can't get enough!

This summer, as compared to previous summers I've been swimming a lot more and biking and running a lot less.  And I never felt better.  Lake swimming just feels good, none of that achy all over feeling of daily biking and running.  All swimming does is make me ravenously hungry, I can't seem to shovel in enough calories yet I'm not gaining weight.   

Life is good. 

Tomorrow (Friday): 6:30AM Klode

We'll also be looking to set up swims every day this Labor Day weekend, if anyone has preferred time and place let us know.  We want to do at least one longer swim.  

Then next week we'll be backing down the mileage because next weekend Cap'n has Ironman and I have Big Shoulders. 

No comments: