Sunday, August 3, 2008

Downright Balmy

Wow!  In the last week the water temp has gone from wetsuit only, to barely bearable without one, to tolerable for a while, to warm, to downright pleasant today.  It's well above 70.  I know Cap'n and I have a reputation for tolerating cool water better than most, but I gotta believe even the most cold-adverse swimmer would agree with us today.

I'm not sure why exactly, but swimming without a wetsuit is just so much more pleasant than swimming with one.  I guess it's the feel of the water as you glide through.

Linda and I swam at Klode the in morning, a mile and something.  There were gentle rollers, not the big waves I was expecting (I vow to give up forecasting, I've been wrong more often than the weather man).  There was quite a lot of murky sand and silt near shore, but the water was clear and clean out a hundred meters or so.

Ted and Robin were going to swim this afternoon, I did not get their report.

We'll be at Klode again at 6:30 tomorrow (Monday) morning.  I'm sure we'll be swimming every morning this week, check this blog for time and place.  If the water stays as nice as this, we'll also be trying to squeeze in some noontime or after work swims.  Stay tuned.

No comments: