Friday, August 1, 2008

Swim! Now!

This is the kind of morning Cap'n and me dream of.  Very clear clean and calm, water temp near or above 70.  We were joined this morning by John and Matthew.  

They wore wetsuits, Cap'n and I didn't.  The original plan was do our usual one mile to the rockpile and back, but we felt so good when we got there, we just kept going to the end of the rock wall, a round trip of a mile and a half.

I wanted to swim all morning, but our arms and shoulders were about to give out, and we had to get to work.  It was so much fun, we got a nice rhythm going, it's so relaxing to feel the glide and watch the sun dance on the sandy bottom.  

If anyone is thinking of coming out, now is the time.  It just doesn't get any better, and it certainly won't last.

Tomorrow, Saturday, we planning a longer swim, conditions permitting, 10AM at Klode. 

Also, Cap'n and I are working out a plan to do a shorter fun swim this noon or after work at Bradford beach.

Patriarch 

1 comment:

Gui said...

Hey it's Gui here. I like the blog, sorry I haven't really made it out there lately...bad shoulder and cold water.

But I did swim on Bradford the other day, and the lifeguard actually came with me on the row boat. It was like having a personal coach, he let me go passed the swim buoy...and the funny thing is that I ended up swimming so close to a sail boat that I recognized it to be my friends'boat. I stopped by for a captain and coke, then swam back to shore accompanied by my personal row boat life guard.

Plan on seeing everyone tomorrow at 10 am at B-ford.

Gui