Thursday, August 14, 2008

All the Fun I Can Stand

We witnessed another gorgeous sunrise at Klode. Even though I see the lake every day, I still find it beautiful every time I see it, especially at sunrise.

Another great swim too. Even though the waves were small, less than a foot, it was quite choppy, and made for a challenging workout. The water seems a bit clearer than yesterday morning, but nowhere near the glass-like clarity we experienced at Atwater yesterday afternoon.

As has been the case the last few mornings, the water was quite a bit warmer than the air, so we were plenty comfortable without wetsuits in the water, but were shivering a bit on the walk back up the bluff.

Cap'n wants to swim this afternoon again. I am really tempted, but I committed to a bike ride with a friend. Besides, my arms and shoulders are really really tired and could use a break. I can't believe I'm blogging this: I've had all the fun I can stand for one day.

But I see a comment from Gui that he and Megan will be swimming at Klode at 5:30 PM today (Thursday). I'm sure they would welcome company (but good luck keeping up with them).
Gui: I have no idea who the mermaid was, I never saw her before. She came and went like a dream, as mermaids do.

We'll be back at it again tomorrow morning at Klode at 6AM.

Maybe we can try for longer this weekend? It's 1.6 miles from Big Bay to Atwater, and we if throw in a "shipwreck tour" it would probably be close to 2 miles. Hmmmmmmm...............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always wanted to swim from Klode to Big Bay, just not to hip on swimming in the big lake solo. I Will check postings for future swims. Now that the lake has warmed up to a balmy 60F it should ve a very comfortable swim;) 50F made my head hurt:(

Mike from WFB