Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bonfire on the Beach

After dinner Gelaney and I went to the bonfire put on by the Friends of Atwater Beach.   How nice to see the beach clean again!  It was my favorite when I was a kid, we'd ride our bikes there all the time.  I haven't swum Atwater yet this year, we'll have to fix that.

Anyhow, we ran into Dave Anderson, the Schroeder swim coach, who told me the team was planning a Klode to Big Bay swim at 3PM Sunday.  He was expecting a big group, and all are welcome.

So there are two swim possibilities Sunday: 10AM or 3PM, both at Klode.

When we left the beach at 10PM there was a NE wind creating whitecaps as far out as we could see.  If the wind continues as predicted it could be a very rough but fast ride from Klode to Big Bay.  But maybe not, every time I predict lake conditions I'm wrong.

No comments: