Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sixties Flashback

The scene on Klode beach this morning was a flashback to my slacker misspent sixties hippie youth: A group of obviously wasted kids, surrounding a hookah, celebrating the sunrise.

I was tempted to join them, but maybe I'm getting old, or maybe I'm just more mature, or maybe it's a measure that swimming in the lake is even more of a high, I decided to swim instead.

It was a another perfect morning, bright and sunny, warm and clear and calm water. It's been a strange year, the water was so cold well into July, but for the last couple weeks it's been unusually warm. It's been unusually calm too, not one single day with the big body-surfing kind of waves.

Anyhow, Cap'n and I were pressed for time, we both had early meetings, so we swam a quick mile with Robin and headed back up the bluff, to be greeted by couple of cops who were about to spoil the kid's fun. I guess I should have told them this was Whitefish Bay in 2008, not 1969 Woodstock. Sigh!

Next swims:
Tonight Thursday 4:30PM at Bradford Beach
Tomorrow morning Friday 6AM Klode

No comments: