Tuesday, July 16, 2019

FORTY-FOUR

Next Swims: M-F 6am and 6pm (I'm assuming)

Last swim: Tuesday @ 6 am

Water Temp:  FORTY f-ing  FOUR
Water clarity: excellent
Waves: flat, with some ruffles 
Kru:  Julie, Laguna, Showgirl

I had to move the WFB po-po barriers when I arrived at Klode at 6:01, and I made my way to the beach alone.  I was looking forward to another amazing swim, until I stepped into the water to take the temp.

The thermometer kept going down.  As I stood there, Julie and Laguna arrived.  Neither had brought their wetsuits, and even with suits, 44 is tough.  

I did a strip'n'dip, Julie tested and proved her mettle by treading water for 60 seconds.  Laguna started wth 60, and later went in for a 5 minute exhibition of toughness.

Here's hoping for warmer water tonight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As a reference, google states that quality beers shouldn’t be served colder than 44 degrees Fahrenheit.

Kahuna said...

Corresponding factoid: 48 degrees Fahrenheit is the water temperature at which Hank takes his pants off and forgets them on the beach.

rsm said...

Kahuna, the brain shrinks in cold water. along with other things.

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Must be the West wind...