- Blue Moon Swim: Friday 8/31 6:30PM, moonrise over the lake at 7:11PM, to be followed by a toast to Neil Armstrong with a round of shots of Killepitsch washed down by Blue Moon beer, followed by pizza or fish fry at a place yet to be determined, suggestions welcome
- Saturday 9/1 Noon? (Please comment if you have a preferred swim time.)
Water Temp: 49.4 Klode ...but 55.2 at Scooby's
Air Temp: 71 & Sunny
Water Clarity: Clear
Crew: Diablo (skin), Mr. Amazing (skin), Gumdrop, Showgirl with guest appearances by Kahuna, Scooby, Nivens McTwisp, Gigi & daughter, Capt'n
While the Lady of the Lake reminded us this morning that attempting to forecast the lake water temp is like trying to nail jello to a tree there are a few observations that bring hope that the water temp may improve for this evening's planned Blue Moon Swim....or at least encourage you to come out this evening regardless of the the water temp:
- While the water temp at Klode this morning registered a bone chilling 49.4, less than 2 miles north of Klode the water temp was 5 degrees warmer at Scooby's Palatial Party Palace..
- Winds today are forecasted to shift around to the east which has the potential to blow in the warmer water that's just offshore.
- Today's forecast calls for air temps in the upper 80's & plentiful sunshine which on occasion has resulted in the surface water temp becoming considerably more hospitable...especially for those wearing a wetsuit.
- Both The Patriarch & I will have our stash of Pitsch on hand for this evening's Blue Moon Swim. If the water cools you down the Pitsch will most definitely warm you back up and help you forget how cold the water was.
- Impress your friends, family, kids and grand kids with stories of how you walked the plank into bone chilling water temps under the Blue Moon which occurs just once every 2.7 years!