Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Constraints

Next Swims:
        Mon-Fri 6:15 am and 5pm  <--shifting to 6:30 sometime soon)
        Saturday, Sunday 8 am and Noon

Last Swim: Tuesday 6:15AM
Water Temp: 43.5
Air Temp: 60-ish, no wind
Clarity: amazing
Waves: flat as glass
Kru:  Mr. Anonymous, Showgirl
Shore Support:  chatty guy on the beach

I decided to start putting my wetsuit on in the parking lot as a way to make sure I swam no matter what the temp.  In the mean time, Mr. A rolled in.

The clouds were doing amazing things along the horizon.





And thus, I had half the wetsuit on, plus booties when I took the temperature.  The readout jumped immediately from 51 to 46, and then kept going down to....... 43.5.  

"Sewerpipe," I said.  

"If that," Mr. A said.

Mr. A was lightly dressed in a sleeveless wetsuit, and maybe booties.  I had a full-sleeve + booties, but, for whatever foolish reason, I decided against gloves.  

The water was amazingly clear and flat, and I felt fast in my wetsuit, but.... my hands did not agree with the rest of me.  I swam a tiny bit past the sewerpipe, but the increasing objections from my fingers caused me to turn around.  

I did a tiny skin swim after taking off the wetsuit.

We bundled up and left the scene.


No comments: