Monday, August 3, 2020

Warm Water, Big Waves

Next Swims:
     Mon-Fri 6AM and 5PM
     Saturday/Sunday 8AM and Noon

Last Swim:  Monday 6AM
Water Temp: over 70
Air Temp:  60's
Clarity:   Zero, with lots of debris and post-rain crud
Waves:  Very wavy, 2-4ft...

Kru: Pool Noodle

Shore Support:  Showgirl

I was running a bit late this morning, but then I remembered, there is no "late" for swimming.

It was not a great sign that even at 6:04 I had to move the barriers.  Pool Noodle followed me in to the parking lot, and we could hear the waves from there.

We went down to our regular beach and it was a mess of incoming logs, syrupy water, and debris.

We circumvented the next north beach, and I put my feet in the water on the Forbidden Beach.  The water was insanely warm, but also very wavy.  PN swam, I provided support.

2 comments:

Moondaug said...

Rumor has it some may head down for another chance at a full moon swim at 8:30.

Kahuna said...

Just in case you ever find yourself marooned on a beach in faraway Shorewood or Fox Point, here's a tip:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/04/world/australia/sos-pacific-island.html?action=click&algo=top_conversion&block=trending_recirc&fellback=false&imp_id=274405370&impression_id=355a3bb0-d65d-11ea-b00a-7b2a8cc9c30f&index=0&pgtype=Article&region=footer&req_id=277584034&surface=most-popular