Monday, August 17, 2020

August on the wane

 
Next swims: Monday 5pm, Tues-Fri 6am and 5pm, Sat and Sun 8am and noon

Last Swim: Monday 6am
Air temp: low 70s
Water temp: low 70s
Waves: gentle rollers from the east-- they built to something a little bigger by the end of the swim
Clarity: 6/10 or 7/10

Kru: Patriarch, NorthShore Nancy, Nanook, Luna Laguna, Chris, I think I saw Brett, Ala, Mr Anonymous, Wendy, Brick, Magic Mike.

We are on the waning side of August now. Which always makes me a little sad. As I swam north and as the sun began to get up a little from the horizon, some slate grey clouds complicated the picture. That's when I started to think of autumn. Not as if it is here, or even as if it is imminent, which it is, but just that the first few minutes of sunlight seemed to signal that autumn is on its way. But soon enough, the sun got a little higher and cleared the clouds. The clouds scuttled east past the horizon. It was a summer morning again. 

Back on the beach, Nanook and NorthShore Nancy and I were discussing the current that made the return trip a bit longer than we expected. Luna swam in. Patriarch swam in. Patriarch mentioned that he looked up and saw coloring leaves on trees. Something is afoot, and I am not sure I am comfortable with it!

Meanwhile industry went on unaffected by these more mundane concerns. In this photo two ships are passing each other. They look like one ship, though. 

C'est la vie

6 comments:

jamie said...

Life is a small gap between birth and death, so in this gap be happy and try to make others happy......enjoy every moment of life and every swim.

Mr. Bud Dah.

Showgirl said...

Stop with all the fall talk! We are still in the height of summer. Geez.

Wytosk said...

For real!!!!

Magic Mike said...

I thought I might get someone all riled up with those observations. Wasn't sure who, though.

Itch- I can't figure out who Mr. Bud Dah is...

Tattoo Lady said...

there's so much swimming to still be done in fall. bring it on!

Moondaug said...

Yea, fall swimming in the colored and wavy leaves !