Wednesday, August 19, 2020

The Many Faces of Swimming

Next Swims: 
        Mon-Fri 6am and 5pm
        Sat, Sun 8am, Noon

Last Swim: Wednesday 6am
Water Temp: 71, tho it felt warmer
Air Temp: 59
Clarity: Nope
Waves: Slow swells from the north, ruffled by the wind near the end

Kru:  Cindy, Lt. MJ, Jenny, Patriarch, Kahuna, Dragonfly, Showgirl, Brett, Friend o' Brett, Luna Laguna, Mystery Swimmers 1-7 (or more)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore by there being so many swimmers on the beach at 6am on a weekday.
All these cars did NOT correspond to swimmers, but I wondered...


I WAS however, surprised to see this in my bag when I returned to the beach after swimming today:

Creepy.


Anyway!  The awesome summer of warm water continues.  The newer swimmers launched in an orderly and business-like fashion, leaving a handful of veterans tossing insults and chit-chatting on the beach.

Ultimately we DID get in the water. I made a leisurely swim past old and New Mudslides. Many went further.  

Today's slow swells kept nudging me towards the shore.  Closer in,  you get to see all sorts of interesting stuff, like trees that are teetering on the brink of being New-New-Mudslide, or stealth staircases.  If I could increase my speed or decrease my lollygag-age, a whole new world of sight-seeing would open up to me.  

P.S. Happy seven year (?) swim-a-versary Panini!


No comments: