Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Bilateral Blogging

Next Swims:
Mon-Fri 6AM and 5PM
Saturday/Sunday 8AM and Noon

Last Swims: Tuesday at 5 pm, Wednesday 6AM, 
Water Temp: 71 Tuesday, 67 Wednesday
Air Temp: low 79 Tuesday, 69 Wednesday
Clarity: Very nice both times - could see bottom with just a little murkiness
Waves: Tues 1'-2' w/occasional 3', Wed like glass

Tue Kru:  Mr. Bubble, Super Hera, Scooby, Abbie, Chris, Sandy, Itch (allegedly), the Big Show (shore support?).  T&A system (Time and Attendance!  Get your mind out of the gutter!) was having a known issue.  Please report any discrepancies to your supervisor before payday.

Wed Kru:  Mr. Bubble, Showgirl, Dragonfly, Ms. Mooney, Cindy, Terri, Jenny, Forger, Patriarch, Kahuna, Mad Titan, Handyman Hank, Northshore Nancy, Freezing Amy and her friend Mr. Mitchell.  Time and Attendance system issues are believed to be resolved now.  Please contact the Help Desk if your attendance isn't being logged correctly.  

Tuesday night - Super Hera and I arrived early and set out as others were suiting up.  Super Hera was challenged the mitch-o-meter reading "This is not 71 degrees!"  When asked to clarify, Super Hera confirmed that she did not think the water was warmer than that.  

I chatted with Scooby before I headed out - there was some differing opinions about whether the morning or evening swims typically had higher turnout (mormings for sure!)  Scooby was still in street clothes when I left so can't say for sure if he went in.  Likewise, the Big Show was on the beach with kids, but I didn't witness her going in.  Others arriving after I took my glasses off - that's the known T&A issue.

Super Hera and I got back about the same time, and Abbie returned shortly thereafter.  There were about a half dozen backpacks on the beach still, including one in Itch's parking spot.  As usual, a couple of swimmers passed me on the way out, and I could see some swimmers their way back as I was changing.  But those nasty flies convinced me that sticking around for a shot of Killepitsch would involve pain and suffering,  

Wednesday morning - Woke up on Groundhogs Day again, another repeat of perfect conditions.  Totally blue sky, calm clear water.  No thermal inversion but almost a thermal equilibrium.  



The two exciting and dramatic moments from Wednesday morning.  First exciting moment - some workers bringing a new tree down to the beach, on some kind of small track vehicle. Wondering if this tree is meant to replace the tree that had been planted next to a memorial plaque and was cut down by some vandals.   Here's some action photos.  





The second, dramatic moment was Cindy's search for her car keys.  As I was pulling out of the parking lot, it looked like that drama was coming to a successful conclusion.  Cindy and Jenny had determined that Cindy's watch was vibrating when Jenny was trying to call Cindy's phone from the parking lot.  They tried again when they got down the hill a little ways and the watch didn't vibrate.  So, they concluded that the phone must have been in bluetooth range from Cindy's car.  They were busy tearing Cindy's car apart as I pulled away.  

and that's the way it is




3 comments:

Hurricane said...

The phone was found. When I got home I turned on a locator app on my Mac, it was showing a green dot in my garage. I couldn’t believe it was in my car after searching, retracing footsteps and tearing the car apart in the parking lot. It somehow slipped under the liner in the hatchback. What are the odds?

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Wow excitement dama AND a happy ending. Academy award nominated blog.

Hurricane said...

Oh yeah...then on my way home, a car burst into flames in front of me on the Hoan bridge. No lie. This has been a weird Wednesday indeed.
*For obvious reasons I was unable to call 911, but I watched the driver get out of the vehicle safely and heard sirens as I was reaching my garage.