Friday, August 21, 2020

Still Awesome

Next swim: 
        Mon-Fri 6am and 5pm 
        Sat, Sun 8am, Noon
        
Last Swim: Friday 6am 

Water Temp: 64
Air Temp: low-mid 60's 
Clarity: improving-- crystal clear near shore
Waves: flat as glass

Kru: Magic Mike, Dragonfly, Panini, Ala, Brett, Scooby, Brick, Patriarch, Forger, 2 unaffiliated swimmers who did not socialize, Diablo on the early shift, I assume, maybe others that I forgot?

There was a slightly smaller crew this morning.  After an expression of dismay about the minor decline in temperature (Forger), followed by a lecture on gratitude (me)  it was business as usual at the beach.

The water outside the rockpiles felt a few degrees warmer than 64, and the occasional pockets of shocking cold water were absent, at least in my swim lane.

We swam north in the flat water.  I thought I was following Scooby, and I wondered whether he feels ambivalent about turning around when, in theory, he could just swim home.

There comes a time in every summer that I call "Swimming Nostalgia."  During that time, I'm acutely aware of the dwindling precious days of swimming.

BUT THESE ARE NOT THOSE DAYS.  We have plenty of great swimming ahead of us.

No comments: