Thursday, August 13, 2020

Lost 'n' Found 'n' Found

Next Swims:
    Mon-Fri 6AM and 5PM
    Saturday/Sunday 8AM and Noon

Last Swim:Thursday 6am
Water Temp: 70
Air Temp: mid 60's
Clarity: nearly crystal
Waves: slight swells

Kru: Handyman Hank, Sheila, Dragonfly, Showgirl, Patriarch, Scooby, Cindy, Lt. MJ, Jenny, Mr. Bubble, Mystery Swimmer, Diablo and Linda the Lamprey on the early shift

Item #1:  I found these rather lovely Speedo Hydrospexgoggles midway up the ramp.  Scooby?  LindaLamprey? Are they yours?
Much like me, these goggles desperately want to escape this desk and return to the lake.


Item #2:  Mr. Bubble reports that his pile of lost swimming gear has been found! In his house!  I can only speculate that some benevolent person snuck in and returned it to him.

But we're here to talk about swimming, and it was fabulous. The sunrise was amazing and the clarity has finally returned. Linda the Lamprey was just getting back as most of the group was launching.

Some went far, some didn't.  Cindy and I agreed that it was definitely a day to take in all the beauty around us, and savor the swim.

It's always interesting that in our gigantic lake, several of us will encounter the same thing.  Today there was... something floating a bit north of Klode.  I saw it from a distance, and my first thought was that it was a head. (spoiler: it wasn't)

Simultaneously wanting to swim away quickly but also... not, as I got closer I saw it was a log.  Dragonfly saw it and briefly attempted to bring it to shore.  I think Sheila ran into it, and Cindy (?) encountered it too.

Okay, well, let me know if the goggles are yours.  Until, then, I'll be enjoying them.

3 comments:

Lieutenant MJ said...

I think Mitch was able to successfully bring the mysterious log ashore - he said was using it to practice "catch up drill" :)

Kahuna said...

Re goggles:

I once twas lost, but now, I'm found,
Twas blind, but now, I see.

The joy of the a.m. swims in general brings to mind the final verse of the song:

When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days, to sing God's praise,
Then when we first begun.

Moondaug said...

Beware, falling drones from the sky into the water-

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bald-eagle-attacks-950-drone-191200194.html