Sunday, August 25, 2019

Love Rollercoaster

Next swims: 
Monday - Thursday 6 am and 6pm, 
Friday 6am, 5:30pm, Saturday/Sunday Noon

Last swim: Sunday 8/25 @ Noon
Water temp: 68 per itch-o-meter, 69 per sirjames-o-meter
Water quality: dirty and stirred up, lots of twigs and other plant trash
Waves: 3-4 footers, coming in frequently, maybe 5 - 15 seconds apart
Kru: Patriarch, Capt’n, Ziggy, Kahuna, Itch, Snap and Josh, Diablo,  Alamode (new nickname for Ala), Erin, Tattoo Lady, Linda the Lamprey, Mr. Bubble, The Other Mitch,  Liz (not Stickler and Vice Versa),  2-Ply, Panini, Mr Anonymous, Sir James (doing overtime)
Shore Support:  Kahuna's pooch 


Oh yeah baby, it was a Rollercoaster of Love out there today.  Good size waves coming one after another.  Dirty water but still nice and warm.  

A lot of folks out for long swims today, so those of us who came back earlier had a chance to hang around and chat.  

Had been seeing blog entries saying that Mitch was at swims I didn't attend.  Finally got to meet my Doppelganger, The Other Mitch.  Had a conversation I've never had before; "Hi, are you Mitch?", "Yes", "So am I".  We both agreed it's pretty rare to have more than one Mitch in any group.  

My non-Lake Michigan swimmer friends have already started sending me National Weather Service Beach Advisory warnings for Monday.  

Has anyone seen or know anything about Reid?  I have a pair of Blue Seventy lava pants that we're pretty sure belong to him.  Haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. 

12 comments:

jamie said...

Liz is not Stickler and vice-a-verse.

Eric B said...

Hey, I'm going to be in town visiting this weekend. Where do you guys meet specifically? Do you take guest swimmers?

Mr. Bubble said...

It's Klode Park in Whitefish Bay. Come by anytime when we're there

Unknown said...

I think I'm Mr. Anonymous. I had to get somewhere, will stick around longer next time. That was the waviest swim I ever had. I think I was sea sick.

Unknown said...

Jeff. That is.

Kahuna said...

To Jeff: There is only one Mr. Anonymous, and you he ain't! But we be glad you came and swam with us.

To Eric B: Come swim with us! The next swim times are always posted in the last swim blog entry. Generally, the schedule is as posted today. As to when and where we meet, we meet at the flag pole next to the parking lot, at the appointed time, then walk down together to the beach. Looking forward to meeting you.

Reid said...

I am alive, well, and have been swimming at Atwater during odd hours. I have been sporting my lucky tri shorts (which are beat up, hole laden, and in worse shape than my crocs). Atwater on Saturday morning was great, I swam while the surfriders were attacking the waves. I swallowed a lot of water in what was an adventure filled hour plus swim to the north. I knew I struck gold when a group of surfers came to me on the beach afterwards to tell me that I was crazy to be swimming in those waves. The weekend before two golden labs jumped in the water from a dock and swam with me for a few minutes in what was pure swimming bliss. Good times in Lake Michigan.

Mr. Bubble said...

So, Reid, are those your Blue Seventy shorts I've been hanging on to? Can we meet up sometime so I can give them back to you.

Mr. Bubble said...

Oops. My bad.

Unknown said...

Mike,
After you left this am, we noticed your cap and goggles on the log. I picked them up and will be at Klode Wednesday 6am. If we don't connect, I'll give them to another Kru member. What a great swim this am!!
Julie

Magic Mike said...

Thanks Julie. I will be there in the morning.

Eric B said...

Cool, thanks for the info, guys.
I don't think I'll be able to fit my wetsuit in my carry-on. If I can't, is the water still around 69F and swimmable without one?