Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Where's The Enthusiasm?

Next Swims:  Wed - Fri, Aug 24-26, 6AM
If you are interested in 6PM swims please post so others know they will not be swimming alone.

Last Swim:  Tuesday Aug 23rd
Water Temp: I measured 61near shore, but pockets of much warmer and much cooler
Waves: One foot rollers
Clarity: Excellent
Crew: Mr. Anonymous, Kahuna, Niven's McTwist, Patriarch

Ahh, these are perfect conditions for a wetsuit, I thought as I swam along without one, the lake slapping me in the face as I hit the cold pockets.  Aww quit yer blubbering ya wuss.  A couple a months ago you'd be delighted at 60 degree water, you've gone lazy and soft.  Toughen up buttercup.  Still it's been a while since I shivered as much.

Anyhow, here is something that has nothing to do with swimming, but I can't resist.  So the last few days we're in San Francisco visiting our son, and one day we decide to take the trolley down to the Ferry Building.  The F-Line Trolleys (Market/Embarcadero) are even more fun than the cable cars in my opinion. To catch one we took a bus from Noe Valley to Castro Station (aka Harvey Milk Plaza).  The Castro is the gayest place on earth with more rainbow flags per square inch than anywhere on the planet.  But I digress.  When we get to Castro there is a huge and boisterous crowd in the plaza, so we go over to see what is happening.  Here is what we saw:
 The plaque at the bottom reads:  The Emperor has no balls.  Only in San Francisco I thought, but apparently these have been popping up all over.  I couldn't help but laugh even though I think it's throughly disgusting at the same time.

4 comments:

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Again, the headline could be, "What's wrong with THIS picture?"!

Any swimmers up for tonight? I will be coming directly from work so no chance to flake.

Patriarch said...

I will try to make it, but I have a doctor appt at 5PM so it depends if doc is on schedule. Patriarch

Wytosk said...

I plan on coming!

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

OK I'll show up. Milwaukee Community Sailing Center is reporting winds 18-24 knots and 3-4 foot waves. It's also "black-flagged" meaning they are not letting any boats out. Not sure what that will mean for Klode Park beach! Also I have no wetsuit - I wore my new wetsuit Sunday and got a big welt on the back of my neck. I'm not going to wear it again until that heals up. But I will show up.