Friday, September 11, 2015

Good Luck to All Big Shoulders and Ironman Competitors

Next Swims:  Saturday and Sunday Sept 12th and 13th, 10AM both days

Last Swims:
Friday Sept 11 6AM
Water Temp: 50
Waves:  Very Choppy
Water Clarity: Good
Crew:  Diablo
Wetsuit/Skin:  0/1

Thursday Sept 10th 6PM
Water Temp: 53
Waves:  Calm
Water Clarity: Excellent
Crew:  Mark, Patriarch
Wetsuit/Skin: 2/0

If the forecast is right it will be cold and rainy with rough water at Ohio Street beach Saturday morning.  All the ingredients for some tall tales of swimming adventure derring do.  I can't wait to hear them.  To be honest I'm not entirely unhappy that I got shut out on signing up for Big Shoulders this year.  On the other hand, those that complete the swim under such difficult conditions will have sea yarns to spin for many years.  Good luck!

1 comment:

Kahuna said...

Yes, good luck to Ironman Competitors. There will be two lifeguards on rescue boards on the first leg (starting line to first turn) inside the buoys, and I'll be one of them. You can stop by for a visit if you'd like, but sorry, I won't have a bottle of Pitsch with me.