Thursday, October 9, 2008

Autumn Color Tour

Sunrise over the lake is always beautiful, but today was one of the best ever. A sparkling red sunrise illuminated the brillant autumn colors on the bluff. The glasslike surface of the lake reflected a spotless sky.

Clad in our wetsuits, Cap'n and I cruised on calm water to the rockpile and back. We kept up a nice pace, but mostly it was about just enjoying the morning.

We would have liked to hang around some more, but with the air so much colder than the water, getting out becomes a race to get out of wet swim gear and into warm dry clothes and a heated car.

If it's still nice this afternoon we'll go again at 4:30PM at Klode, and we'll definitely be tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM.

I can't believe we're still swimming on October 9th. I can't explain it, I guess I'll just enjoy it.

No comments: