Saturday, June 15, 2013

Warming Up

Next Swims:  Saturday 6/15 noon Klode, Sunday 6/16 noon Klode

Last Swim: Friday 6PM
Water Temp: 66
Waves:  small
Water Clarity:  Terrible near shore, we had to go a ways out to get to clear water
Crew: Geoffrey, Captain, Patriarch

Every day it warms up another degree or two.  Hopefully this trend will continue.  Geoffrey and I donned wetsuits but Cap'n went skin for a pleasant swim to mudslide and back.

Tammy from MN: meet us at noon in the Klode parking lot (the first one, on the bluff overlooking the beach).  Don't be put off by the wild-eyed, stooped, muttering and drooling wretch you will see wandering the parking lot, that's just the Captain.

3 comments:

Stickler said...

Hi all -
I'm looking forward to my first swim of the season - was waiting for the water to warm up. Hard to believe it was already 66 yesterday eve!! What was the water temp today at noon?
Hope to see you soon.
Lorraine

Patriarch said...

Hi Lorraine. I should have known better than to entitle a blog post "warming up" because of course it cooled down. It was 61 at noon on Saturday. But warmer water can't be far away. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorraine! I am looking forward to warmer too! I went Saturday to see if I could walk the plank with Patriarch and Captain but, alas, no, it was not to be! The 5 crazies that went in were "more man than me"... and even made it look easy!!