Friday, June 4, 2010

The Return of the Israeli

Next swim: Saturday, 6/5 1:ooPM Klode

Last Swim: Fri 6/4 5:45 AM
Beach: Klode
Water temp: 59
Air: 60's
Waves: Calm
Water Clarity: clear
Crew: Diablo, Capt'n, Gumdrop, Patriarch, Nahi

I'm never quite awake when I arrive at the Klode parking lot, so I was pretty sure I was still dreaming when I saw Nahi there. But he was still there after the awakening jolt of the plunge into the cold lake, so unlikely as it might seem, the Israeli has returned. Good to see you, Nahi!

It was a whole degree warmer than yesterday, which did seem a bit warmer, and we made it a bit further, to the sewer pipe south of Klode, which I think is not quite a mile round trip. We wore wetsuits, although Gumdrop wore only bottoms. I'm not sure how he can do that!

Note: As a diligent reader of this blog may have observed, our little group engages in certain amount of locker room smack talk, which is generally all in fun. But I should warn everyone that you probably don't want to mess too much with The Israeli. He might seem like a nice mild mannered guy, but ....... well, I'm just saying. You've been warned.

No comments: