Saturday, July 8, 2017

Am I Dreaming?

Next Swims:
* Sunday July 9th noon
* Monday thru Friday 6AM & 6PM

Last Swim: Saturday July 8th 1PM
Water:  64 murky with some floating debris near shore, but the further out you went the clearer and cleaner and warmer it got
Crew: Drew, Mike, Laura, El Jeffe, Capt'n, Lorraine, Rick, Neo, Nichole, Sarah, Dave, Julie, Patriarch

Most days the time and distance I swim is determined by how cold the water is.  I hurry to get out of the water and into dry warm clothes.  But today I felt I warm enough that I could have stayed in the water all day, the only limiting factor is how far I can go before my arms and shoulders give out.  It was one of those swims I dream about in winter.  

2 comments:

Stickler said...

I just registered for the Big Swell MKE swim and was able to use a discount code that said it only applied to 1st 50 registrants. If you haven't registered yet, try it: Use code first50MKE to save $10. At http://www.bigswellswim.com/milwaukee-race.html

Rick from Boston said...

It was a tremendous pleasure swimming with your group in such a lovely spot. I'll be back! Feel free to get in touch if you find yourself traveling to Boston and would like to swim in the ocean. Patriarch and Drangonfly have my contact information.