Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Inside Out

Next Swims:  6AM Thursday & Friday July 9th and 10th

Last Swim: Wednesday July 8th, 6AM
Water Temp: 55
Waves: Gently Rolling
Water Clarity: Poor
Crew: Kelly, Capt'n, Diablo, Showgirl, Kahuna, Itch, Patriarch
Wetsuit/Skin 5/2

A topsy turvy inside out kind of morning.  With the water temp higher than the air temp, it felt more like a September morning than July.  Where oh where did the clear 65 degree water from the weekend go?  To buoy our flagging spirits I wore my "rally trunks", wearing my swim trunks inside out.  OK, I fess up.  I didn't intend to wear my trunks inside out, I was still half asleep when I put them on.  At least it provided some comic relief to the Kru, and who knows maybe I've unintentionally started something, fashion icon that I am.

Swimmer of the day is Kahuna who showed up without a wetsuit, but didn't let that stop him!  Twenty six minutes in 55 degree water is impressive.  Diablo may finally have some competition in the cold water skin swim department!  

No comments: