Monday, July 9, 2018

Perfection

Next Swims:
   Monday-Friday 6am & 6pm

Last Swim:
   Monday 07/09 6am
      Water Temp: 66
      Waves:  flat, tho starting to ruffle up out of the south near the end
      Water Clarity: excellent
      Crew: Kahuna, Forger, Laguna, IceDog, Showgirl, NamelessNewGuy

These are the days we wait for. The water was warm, clear, and flat. 

My favorite non-swimming moment of the morning:  we were getting ready and I had the sun at my back.  Forger paid me some nice compliment, and Kahuna brayed, "you can't see her!!"

Laguna and NamelessNewGuy hustled quickly into the water and were never seen (by me) again. Forger launched, followed by me, and later Kahuna. IceMoonDog was out on his SUP.  I made my 2018 maiden voyage to the landmark formerly known as mudslide.

It was an all-around awesome morning swim, with an extra bonus abandoned towel acquisition by me. 

3 comments:

Magic Mike said...

Hey, I was there! I know I came late, but still...

I hold with Showgirl’s depiction of the swim. These are indeed the days we swim for. Mudslide is looking fine these days. We’ll have to venture out to three piers soon. After that, Beach Rd beckons.

Moondaug said...

Arg, me hearties, Beach Rd be prime pillaging!

jamie said...

No three piers No mudslide , all your optimistic talk has vexed the freaking lake and she's struck back......54° or colder this fine eve. On the up side it was calm and very clear. So clear you could see your extremities shrivel.