Saturday, July 14, 2018

Cold Spots and Warm Spots

Next Swims:  Sunday July 15th 7AM & Noon

Last Swim: Saturday noon
Water: Cold as hell (55) and clear as a bell
Waves:  Small and Gentle
Crew: Lamprey, Magic Mike, Showgirl, Drangonfly, Handyman Hank, Itch, Gumdog Moondrop, Liz, Patriarch

Large variations in temperature.  Controversy of the day:  Do the warm spots make the cold spots feel colder or do the cold spots make the warm spots feel warmer?

Either way, there was a cold spot near the rock pile that was absolutely the coldest I ever felt, I mean my teeth hurt!

Don Diego reports that a group (of triathletes I assume) are swimming at 7AM Sunday.

3 comments:

Moondaug said...

By the Scottish scale I would say it was -ahh, alright (skin).

jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moondaug said...

7:00 AM swim - 55 degree water and very foggy. Crew-Icedog.