Monday, July 2, 2018

Brigadoon, or... Garage Mirage


Next Swims:
Monday July 2nd 6AM & 6PM
Tuesday July 3rd 6AM & 6PM

Wednesday July 4th, we will not be able to swim at Klode because of the firework preparation.  So it will be either Atwater or Big Bay.  Due to misplaced priorities, Patriarch will not be available to mastermind our swim, so please express your preferences about time and place in the comments. I think that Atwater beach also closes due to fireworks, but not as early as Klode.

Last Swim:
Monday 6am
Water Temp: 56.6
Waves: Flat as glass
Water Clairity: improving-- you can see the bottom nearer shore
Crew: Magic Mike (the real one), Showgirl, Forger, Kristina (sorry I forgot your nickname) Brian, Diablo (early), Flipper Guy (keeping an aloof distance as usual)
Shore Support: Judy (Mrs. Magic Mike), and quite a throng of morning exercisers hefting weights and running up and down the hill

I once again let my internal clock decide whether I would swim this morning, and happily, it did.

I arrived at Klode at the same time as Magic Mike,  to a crowded parking lot.  Could these all be swimmers, we wondered? No. They were morning exercisers, maniacally running up and down the ramp, and doing other exhausting things at the bottom.

We made a better choice, and jumped in the lake. At 56F, I mentally committed to the sewerpipe, but when I got there, I swam on thru the gorgeous flat water to the birches. Due to the low sun and clear skies, the garage made a rare and welcome appearance.

The Private Beach Sign is a bit off-putting, so I did a some research about Wisconsin laws and found this: "...the Wisconsin State Supreme Court has ruled that when conflicts occur between the rights of riparian owners (owners of lands bordering lakes and rivers) and public rights, the public's rights are primary and the riparian owner's secondary."
Full story here: https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/waterways/about_us/doctrine.htm

2 comments:

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Winds predicted SE on Weds...we could go Atwater to Big Bay if rides back. Otherwise, either is fine me.

jamie said...

i vote for big bay at noon.

also swimming today at 2:30.