Friday, July 13, 2018

Cold Water Alert!

Next Swim:  Sunday?

I was not at the Friday morning swim, but I got two reports of very cold water - 40’s.  Yikes!  This was probably caused by the persistent offshore winds of the last few days.  It probably won’t warm up again until the wind shifts to onshore which looks like Saturday evening.  Caveat:  My predictions of Lake Michigan conditions are usually wrong.

Anyhow, I am not planning to swim Saturday, but if there are any brave souls out there who want to give it a shot post a comment and maybe there are other hearty souls who might join you.

As for Sunday, if I swim at all it will have to be early (8AM or thereabouts).  Anyone interested?  I reserve the right to wimp out if it’s still that cold!

P.S.  I told some of you that I saw a coyote on Shore Drive near the beach the other day.  But after looking at some pictures on the web I’m pretty sure it was a fox, not a coyote.

1 comment:

Moondaug said...

Oh yea, looks like the #itch is back! Swimming at noon anyone?