Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pop Quiz

Next Swims: Wed 7/20 6PM, Thu 7/21 5:45AM and 6PM

Last Swim: Wed 5:45AM
Water Temp: 66 at the shore, but pockets of warmer and cooler offshore
Waves: Calm
Water Clarity: Excellent
Crew: Diablo, Cap'n, Kahuna, Patriarch, Mike, Ben, Steve, Sarah, Dave, Lane

OK gang it's time for a pop quiz (where is teacher Blondie when we need her?).
What would you rather do at 6PM tonight when the temperature is 100 degrees and the dew point in the 70s?
A: Run intervals on the track, or
B: Swim in cool refreshing Lake Michigan

For Cap'n and the TriWis team, the answer is apparently A. If that crew had any sense they'd forget about the track tonight and join us on the beach. Come to your senses, guys. Can't you hear the call of the Lady of the Lake?

4 comments:

Gui said...

Hello fellow swimmers! This is Gui, long time don't see. I am planning on swimming Tomorrow night and Saturday morning, if conditions are good. Anyone up for it? Cheers

Patriarch said...

Hi Gui. Nice to hear from you. Yes we'll be swimming tomorrow night (Thursday) at 6PM. I'm sure we'll be swimming Saturday too, time to be determined.

crash said...

Jeff, the Iceman, if you read this...no offense but please don't come to the lake tonight...we want warm waters :)

Jeff said...

Is 'Iceman' my assigned nickname? It's rediculous how bad this summer has been for me and lake temperatures...it's especially infuriating when the water temp is 55 degrees the day I show up (and decide not to swim) and the next day I don't show up and it's 70
....oh yeah, and I'll be there tonight because I want warm waters too. Wait a minute...actually, I WON'T BE THERE TONIGHT (I'm trying to trick the lake)...yeah, don't count on me showing up...
=-)