Saturday, August 8, 2015

Bad Ass #4. And #5?

Next swims:  Sunday August 9th 1PM, Monday August 10th 6AM

Last Swim:  Saturday August 8th 10AM
Water Temp: 53
Waves: Choppy
Water Clarity: murky
Crew: Kahuna, Itch, Steve, Diablo
Wetsuit/Skin: 1/3
Pitsch: 8 (yes, that's two shots apiece)

The bad news: the water temp has fallen again.  The good news:  instead of whining about it, the Crew rose to the occasion and we now have another Bad Ass.  Congratulations to Kahuna who swam a skin mile in sub-55 degree water.  I was not there to witness this auspicious event but reliable reports tell a story of considerable suffering and shivering.  Double shots of Pitsch celebrated Kahuna's accomplishment.

Also:  Capt'n thinks (pardon the oxymoron) that I missed a bad ass swim.  Wednesday morning the temp was 52 and Kate joined us for a skin swim.  I did not think she made a mile, but Capt'n thinks she did.  Kate if you made it to "mudslide" and back on Wednesday you too are a Bad Ass.  Let me know.

5 comments:

Linda Stewart said...

Hi! Linda, here. I'd like to do the Sunday swim today, August 9th. Please let me know if the time changes at all. You can reach me on my cell at 2625731531. See you in the water!

Brian Anderson said...

I would like to join also. This will be my first open water swim.

Kahuna said...

Hey great. Brian and Linda, hope to see you at 1:00 (note we meet at the East end of the Klode parking lot at 1:00, then walk down to the beach).

Emily Siegrist said...

Is Monday's swim at Big Bay? Or Klode?

crash said...

Linda - it was great to see you out there today! Good luck with your 20M swim!!!
Brian - welcome to the group. Hope you come back.
Emily - swimming from Klode tomorrow. See you at the beach.