Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Has Arrived

Beach: Klode
Water temp: 57
Waves: very small
Current: light current from the north
Water clarity:  Crystal Clear (surprisingly, I would have thought yesterday's intense storms would have stirred it up)
Next swim:  I'm thinking Klode at noon on Sunday, but I need to verify that with the Capt'n, assuming he survived the HHH

I was on my own today, as Capt'n is doing the Horribly Hilly Hundreds.  It's the first really hot humid day, so I'll bet right about now he's hallucinating about a nice refreshing dip in the lake.

Another day like Thursday, difficult to get started, I had to stand and get my face out of the water two or three times before I acclimated.  But after a couple minutes it was much better.  I did a nice easy half hour swim, just enjoying the scenery on the bottom as it drifted by.

The forecast looks very favorable for the next few days.  Warm, sunny, with onshore winds, which usually blow in warmer surface water.  And hopefully some waves, we haven't seen any big ones yet.  

No comments: