Monday, November 9, 2020

November Magic Continues

Next Swims: Mon - Fri 3:30pm, and maybe Tuesday at 6:30AM
Saturday/Sunday at Noon

Last Swim: Monday 6:30am
Water Temp: 46
Air Temp: 70
Clarity: good
Waves: chop out of the south
Kru: TattooLady, Dragonfly, Showgirl, Ala
Shore Support: Linda the Lamprey, and the Wim Hof-ers

I could see the red eastern sky as I left my house, and the beach did not disappoint.  This incredible sunrise greeted us:

Photo credit: TattooLady

I was feeling not totally fired up about swimming this morning, though the conditions were pretty good.  There was still chop out of the south, but less than yesterday.


Dragonfly cast her vote for swimming north.  Normally, we swim into the waves, so that the return trip is easier.  But when the cold water is giving you the cold shoulder, maybe it's best to start with the waves pushing you along.

We all made it past sewerpipe.  I was birches-adjacent, and TattooLady went farther.  Even as the return trip was a bit of a washing machine, it was fun, and I was super grateful that I made the effort to suit up and swim.



Post-swim beauty.


Post-swim beauties.

Oh yeah, this is a boot dryer, though it also has an optional GLOVE attachment:
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/peet-dryer-advantage-shoe-dryer

I'm definitely feeling like drying my swimming gear is a part-time job:



1 comment:

Mr. Bubble said...

Yeah, and it's a very fulfilling part time job.