Tuesday, November 17, 2020

A day late and........

Next Swims: Mon - Fri 3:30pm, and random morning swims
Saturday/Sunday at Noon

Last Swim: Monday 7am, and probably 3:30
Water Temp: low 41
Air Temp: low 30's and breezy
Clarity: cloudy
Waves: flat
Kru: LunaLaguna, TattooLady, Showgirl, AlaMode

Shore Support: Blake


Posting a day late because I'm so busy.......?

Yep, the four of us swam yesterday morning at 7:00.  It was another "too cold for pics" kind of day.

It was touch and go for me but in the end, I put all my stuff on at home, and headed to the beach.

The sun was way above the horizon, and it was mostly cloudy as we headed out.  LunaLaguna went to the rock wall with TattooLady, I went to the birches, and AlaMode was in there somewhere.

As always, the post-swim specter of keeping our hands warm enough to get out of neoprene and into clothes was ever present.

I was inside my changing poncho struggling into a top when Blake arrived to say hello.

A while ago, LunaLaguna had mentioned that Laguna would come home from surfing still wearing his wetsuit.  That was floating around in my head ever since.  Yesterday I brought two bags, and put then over my wet booties, put on my shoes, and went home with my wetsuit half on.  Though I missed out on some of the post-swim camaraderie, my feet were not blocks of ice. A trade-off.

So... getting out of the water and just heading for my car may be my new technique.

These re-usable hand warmers might also come into play:



https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CV2YXE?pf_rd_r=ZZ37N29ASSY995JB70JA&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee


No comments: