Saturday, June 8, 2019

Telling of a Tale

Next Swim:  Sunday June 9th - Noon (Klode)
Last Swim:  Saturday June 8th - Noon (Atwater)
   Water Temp:  58 near shore...a wee bit cooler further out
   Waves:  light and less than 1ft
   Clarity: clear near the surface / cloudy below 10ft
   Crew:  Kahuna, Sonakuhuna, Itch, Dragonfly, Gumdrop-Moondawg, Mr. Bubbles, Magic Mike, Super Hera, Ziggy, Capt'n

A group of curious onlookers assembled along the shore at Atwater park this afternoon.  Curiously they stared out towards the lake and wondered what they were seeing.  Was it drift wood?  Bags of garbage from a barge? Fish?  Much to their surprise they would soon witness the Klode Kru making a rare beach landing at Atwater park!

I'll admit, it's not often that the Kru is greeted at the end of refreshing swim by a group of cute girls from exotic far away lands.  Of course in my dreams it happens every night, but when I realized my toes were still numb I knew this was no dream!  Now momma' always said honesty is always the best way to "impress ze girls" so naturally I felt compelled to honestly answer to the best of my ability any question these cute girls from far away lands asked.  The conversation went something like this...

Cute Girl:  Wow, where did you guys come from?
Capt'n:  My Mom.  Now I can't speak for all the Kru members but I think some of them may have come from their mom too.
Cute Girl:  So where did you swim from?
Capt'n:  we swam in from the boat?
Cute Girl:  Boat, what boat...I don't see a boat?
Capt'n:  Oh, it sank....awhile ago...so there's not much to see from here.
Cute Girl:  It did!?!?!  How long ago?
Capt'n:  What year is it?
Cute Girl:  Really seriously!?!  Where did your boat sink?  How far did you have to swim?
Capt'n:  Good question. Can you tell me which state we landed in?

...and that's how today's tall tale started.  Many thanks to the cute girls from New York who greeted us on the AtWater Park shore this afternoon.  We hope to see you again sometime.  Perhaps next time you can stay and join us for a shot of Pitsch.  :)


1 comment:

Mr. Bubble said...

This is too funny! You told me some of this story at the beach, but I thought you said guys from NY. Don't remember you mentioning anything about cute girls. I shared what you told me (or what I thought you told me) with Kahuna. He knows you better than I. He immediately said "Cap'n approaching guys on the beach? Cap'n would only be approaching girls on the beach". I weakly responded saying "Well, maybe the guys approached him?" I'll know better the next time something like this happens...I'm sure there'll be a next time.