Thursday, June 27, 2019

Rain check reflections

I wanted badly to swim today, but the storms turned me away. I have been gone for the past two weeks, first to Washington DC, then to San Fransisco. During that second trip I had the pleasure of swimming San Fransisco Bay at the Dolphin Club near Aquatic Park.

They’ve been connecting over swimming in the open water since 1877, a little longer than we have. I found this article and can say that it captures the same feel I experienced there earlier in the week, when they allowed me to swim from their club’s beach on one of the two days a week that it is open to the public. So, perhaps you pulled off a knucklehead swim today in the storms. Perhaps you were smarter than me and swam earlier, avoiding the storms. Either way, here’s to Friday’s swim

5 comments:

Rick from Boston said...

I'm back in Milwaukee for my mom's 80th birthday, and I hope to swim with the Klode Krew over the weekend. Noon is the time?

Unknown said...

Dr. Freeze: Yes, noon be the time.

Moondaug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moondaug said...

I think we should have a swim house also, with sauna, full bar (Killepitsch on tap), dinning area, wetsuite rack, etc. Who is the head of this task committee?

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

I thought Kauhuna?