Wednesday, June 27, 2018

What Would Scooby Do?

Next Swims: Monday thru Friday 6AM and 6PM

Last Swims:  Wednesday 06/27
Water Temp:  61-ish
Waves: 2-3ft out of the northeast
Water Clarity: zero
Crew: Scooby, Showgirl, Flipper Guy, Diablo?

I left it to fate whether I would swim today by not setting an alarm. So when I woke up at 5:40, it could have gone either way.  But... I had hope for a miracle-- that I'd arrive at the beach and find flat water.

I also had it in my head that if no one else showed up, I'd bag it.

But <sigh> there was Scooby in the parking lot. We walked down the ramp to the sound of the waves.  It was less wavy than yesterday, but not by much. I put on barbie and said, "sewerpipe."

Oh yeah-- it was also raining.

We pushed our way thru the waves to the sewerpipe, and that was enough for me. The return trip was far speedier, and back at the beach I was, as always, very happy that I swam.

---------------------------------------------
Update From Kahuna -
I am forming a team to compete in the "'Save The Nuts!' 1st Annual Charity Tricycle Race" at Three Lions Pub, this Thursday Evening. This is a charity event benefiting the Testicular Cancer Foundation. Teams are composed of 8 persons (I have about 5 team members so far), and the pub provides the adult sized trikes. I need 7 other members to have a team. Participation is free, as I'm paying the entrance fee and will handle the registration for the team. You can find out more about the event by going to eventbrite.com, and then searching on "Save the Nuts." I think registration starts at 5, races start at 6, but I'm not sure. (Be sure to send me your email address, so I can coordinate with you.) That's the same night as the Shorewood Criterium, so if you are planning on attending that, why not trike race as well? Let me know if you are able to be on the team, as I want to get the roster together and the registration in before they fill up. Thanks!
I'm not sure of the team name yet, nominations welcome. I'm also not sure about team uniforms, if any. Again, nominations welcome.

1 comment:

Stickler said...

I'm planning to swim at 6p. Anyone else coming this eve? I was just at Bradford and lake was totally calm tho murky.