Tuesday, June 26, 2018

No Picnic....... Table

Next Swims: Monday thru Friday 6AM and 6PM

Last Swims:  Tuesday 06/26
Water Temp:  60-ish
Waves: 2-3ft
Water Clarity: zero, with lots of debris near shore
Crew: Mike, Showgirl, Diablo on the early shift, Flipper Guy
Skin/Suit: 1/2

As I drove to Klode this morning, I visualized flat, clear water. Unfortunately, the law of attraction failed, and we heard the waves from the top of the ramp.

It was so wavy I had a hard time standing in the water with the thermometer, so my 60-ish temp is kind of a guess. We suited up, and I acknowledged that I was likely spending more time getting ready to swim than I would spend actually swimming.

We swam south into the waves. They were big enough so that sometimes it got dark as you swam in the trough of the wave and the crest blocked out the sun. I made it to the picnic table, except the little beach where the picnic table resides is kind of gone, as is the table. Hopefully when the water calms down it will return, but we may need a Kahuna-style excavation mission to resurrect the table.

It was still a beautiful morning at the beach. Also notable: today was the first 2018 sighting of Flipper Guy.

p.s. see the comments from yesterday regarding Kahuna's entry in the charity tricycle at Shorewood's TOAD race this Thursday. He's looking for participants.

1 comment:

Kahuna said...

As mentioned by Showgirl:

I am forming a team to compete in the "'Save The Nuts!' 1st Annual Charity Tricycle Race" at Three Lions Pub, this Thursday Evening. This is a charity event benefiting the Testicular Cancer Foundation. Teams are composed of 8 persons (I have about 5 team members so far), and the pub provides the adult sized trikes. I need 7 other members to have a team. Participation is free, as I'm paying the entrance fee and will handle the registration for the team. You can find out more about the event by going to eventbrite.com, and then searching on "Save the Nuts." I think registration starts at 5, races start at 6, but I'm not sure. (Be sure to send me your email address, so I can coordinate with you.) That's the same night as the Shorewood Criterium, so if you are planning on attending that, why not trike race as well? Let me know if you are able to be on the team, as I want to get the roster together and the registration in before they fill up. Thanks!
I'm not sure of the team name yet, nominations welcome. I'm also not sure about team uniforms, if any. Again, nominations welcome. Cheers.