Monday, September 26, 2016

Lured In

Next Swim: Tue September 27th 6PM

Last Swims:  Mon Sept 26th 6:30AM
Water: 51 Calm and Clear
Crew: Diablo, Panini, Patriarch

Sun Sept 25th 1PM
Water:  57 murky, 2-4 ft waves with an occasional 5 footer
Crew: Wet Taco, LL Cold Jay, Drangonfly, Diablo, Itch, Patriarch

I made three major mistakes this morning.

First I let Panini talk me into scheduling a 6:30AM swim. It sucks to get up in the cold and dark.

Next I let her talk me into taking the plunge even though I usually don't when the water is so cold.

But worst of all, once I got over the initial shock I talked myself into thinking that the water wasn't really that bad.  In fact I was having a great swim.  The combination of calm water and the added bouyancy of a full wetsuit made it feel more like gliding than swimming.  So we ended up swimming a half hour.

What I hadn't taken into account was how cold and windy it was on the beach.  After we got back I cooled down very quickly.  My hands were so cold I couldn't turn the key on my bike lock and had to ask a guy in the parking lot to do it for me. Is that pathetic or what?

What's even more pathetic I let this happen even though I should know better by now.  That's what the Lake does to you.

I'm such a sap.  I'll do anything a pretty lady asks.

2 comments:

queenofcurryland said...

Oh no....now I feel bad about skedaddling so quickly after the swim ;-(

Moondaug said...

Never listen to the Sirens Songs, lest ye be shipwrecked.